Individual Membership Levels
- Student Membership. Yearly dues are $30.00. Applicants must be full-time college students working toward a degree related to the construction industry; whereas, the student would have a valid interest in the objectives of the Institute. Student members will have access to the members only section, but are not eligible to participate on committees.
- Active Membership. Yearly dues are $200.00. Active members are entitled to access the members only section of the Institute which provides industry related information and resources. Active members receive reduced fees for seminars and Continuing Education Programs (CEP), are eligible to participate on committees, and may display the BESI logo on their website and business cards, etc.
- Professional Membership. Yearly dues $200.00. Any person who holds an active professional license pertaining to the construction industry (i.e. Certified General Contractor, architect, etc.) or any person who is deemed by the board of directors to have the abilities or credentials equal to or above the licensing qualification. Professional members are eligible to participate on committees.
Organizational Membership Levels
- Institutional Membership. Yearly dues are $500.00. This category provides an opportunity for one representative to participate on committees, reduced fees for a representative to attend seminars, reduced fee for a sponsor/exhibitor's booth at seminars, and the Institute's logo displayed on their website.
- Associate Membership. Yearly dues are $1,200.00. An associate member may be any firm that produces materials used in the construction industry (manufacturer), any firm engaged in supplying goods or services that are used in the construction industry (supplier), or any firm engaged in consulting or other professional services to the construction industry (service provider).
Associate members are eligible to have one representative on committees, may display the BESI logo on their website, will have their company's logo displayed on the Institute's website, will receive reduced fees for a representative to attend seminars, and reduced fee for a sponsor/exhibitor's booth at seminars.
Advantages of BESI Membership
Building Envelope Science Institute, Inc. (BESI) offers a wide variety of resources, tools and training for professionals in the construction industry that will assist them in their primary responsibility: to effectively, efficiently and ethically assist in building for their company and/or in their community. Here are just a few benefits you will entitled to claim as a member of the Institute.
- Discounts & Services. Members of the Institute receive discounts on training, seminars, conferences, publications, and courses offered by the Institute. Members will receive a quarterly newsletter which contains relative information pertaining to the construction industry. Inclusion in the Institute's free listing for active members, the Nationwide Directory of Members, which is prominently displayed on the Institute's homepage.
- Recognition. Each member has the benefit of using the designation letters after their name, the membership pin, and a certificate. BESI has a reputation for upholding high standards. The Institute maintains an active media campaign to promote the Institute and its members.
- Preference. A preference is created in the marketplace for those individuals or companies that have invested of themselves to do it right; knowledge and skills that you obtain through the Institute provide viable proof of your abilities.
- Participation. The Institute offers its members the opportunity to serve at various levels from committee chair (Technical, Membership or Education) to subcommittees or task group members. Make a difference through active participation in the programs offered by the Institute and by contributing your time and knowledge of the construction industry to make the Institute an excellent resource for the industry.
- Knowledge. The Institute provides a platform for members to acquire timely and relevant knowledge pertaining to the construction industry, which empowers our members to be leaders in the industry. The more knowledge that you have about the latest methods, techniques, materials, and current trends in the construction industry, the better prepared you are to represent yourself and your company.
- Networking. Connections are an important part of your business. The Institute provides its members the opportunity to interact with professional peers from your own and other disciplines within the construction industry. Networking opportunities are presented through seminars, committee assignments or direct member-to-member communication. "Iron sharpens Iron."
- Member Locator. The Institute provides free listing for active members, the Nationwide Directory of Members, which is prominently displayed on the Institute's homepage. Clients looking for qualified and skilled professionals are able to search the Institute's database where your contact information is readily available to them. Additionally, you can contact your peers or other professionals to gain knowledge through their experiences and build business relationships.
- Advocate for your profession. Serious-minded professionals know that serving the profession means responding to calls for action. BESI has an active program that monitors trends in education, regulation and practice standards. Members have an opportunity, and are encouraged, to participate in activities that will benefit construction professionals and promote the industry in a positive, ethical manner.
- Resources. The Institute provides its members with the resources needed to do their job with confidence and offers the latest technology. The BESI staff can assist you in many areas ranging from how-to information to samples of materials that will help answer questions and fit your needs. The more that you learn about the latest methods in building, the better equipped you are to represent your organization and yourself within the industry. Our members can offer information on materials relevant to the industry that will be posted (with credit) to the Institute's library & resource section.